When you have got those extra hours from your busy schedule, playing a relaxing game or game of your choice is a wonderful experience. For this, most of the Windows users prefer playing Solitaire. It is a fun and relaxing game and can be played even when you are at work and have some free time.
But, when solitaire won’t open, then it becomes a little disappointing. It becomes even more disappointing when you don’t know anything to get rid of the issue. However, there are certain things that you can try in order to fix the issue and start playing your game once again.
What to do when solitaire won’t open?
There is nothing to panic about in this situation as we are going to discuss some possible solutions which can help you to play solitaire games once again. After performing these workarounds, there is nothing that can come in your way.
If you follow these workarounds carefully, you will be able to play your favorite game once again. Here is a list of solutions you can try:
- Initially, you can try to reset Microsoft Solitaire Collection
- If that doesn’t work, reinstall the game again.
- Try to run the Windows 10 app troubleshooter.
- You may also try resetting Windows Store cache
- If that too does not help, try to update the Windows system.
- Other than this, you may also update Microsoft Store apps.
- If you are playing this game online, then switch to a Solitaire app and see if it works.
Troubleshoot Microsoft solitaire collection Windows 10 won’t open
Solution 1- Reset Microsoft Solitaire Collection
- Begin by pressing the Win+I keyboard hotkeys.
- Now, from ‘System Settings’ select ‘System’.
- Click on the ‘App & features’ option the left panel of that window.
- Scroll and find Microsoft Solitaire Collection on the list.
- Click on it followed by Advanced options.
- Next, click on the Reset button.
- In the resulting window, click on Reset again.
Solution 2- Reset Windows Store cache
You can reset Windows Store cache to get rid of Microsoft Solitaire Collection won’t start issue. For this,
- On the keyboard, press the Win+R hotkeys.
- Doing this will display the Run box on your computer.
- In it, type wsreset.exe.
- Now, hit the Enter key.
- Follow some prompts to restart your Windows 10 computer.
Solution 3- Update the Windows 10 system
To install all the available updates:
- Press Win+I hotkeys from your keyboard.
- Now, choose Update & Security.
- Next, you need to click on Windows Update from the left panel.
- Look for all the available updates.
- In the end, apply all the updates by approving them.
Solution 4- Update Microsoft Store apps
- First of all, open the Microsoft Store app.
- Navigate to the top right corner of the main window and click on your account.
- Click on the Downloads option and then select Check for Updates.
- Now, follow some on-screen prompts and update your apps.
- In the end, restart your Windows 10.
Other than downloading and playing Microsoft Solitaire, you can also play free games online which do not require you to download the game.
How do I reset Microsoft Solitaire?
To reset Microsoft Solitaire, press the Win+l hotkeys and select ‘System Settings’. Further, you need to select ‘Apps & features’ option and scroll down to find Microsoft Solitaire. Now select ‘Advanced’ and then click ‘Reset’ button.
- How do I open Microsoft Solitaire on Windows 10?
You may be able to locate its icon on your desktops screen if you haven’t unpinned it. If you have, then use the search bar to locate it. Once you find it, click on its icon to launch it.
Why does Microsoft Solitaire keep crashing?
An outdated version of Microsoft Solitaire will result in its crashing. Download the latest updates of the game and see if it works or not. Else, it might be happening due to the presence of conflicting software or apps.
Where is Microsoft Solitaire Collection located?
The downloaded file of Microsoft Solitaire is usually located in the “C:\Program Files”. For this, the path is typically C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.